Dean Barwick Primary School – Governor Vacancies
We are currently looking for new governors to join our friendly governing body.
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who :-
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school.
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community.
- Has spare time and the energy for the role.
- Can work well as part of a team.
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school.
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
These volunteer positions are open to anyone from our community. The Trust governors are not elected by a parent election but are instead appointed directly by Dean Barwick Trust.
What is the role of the governing body?
- Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure money is well spent
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
- A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
- The support and guidance from fellow governors
In looking to fill these vacancies we are particularly interested in applications from people with buildings and health and safety background and people who can occasionally visit the school during the day, although please do not be put off if you do not have these skills. What is more important is enthusiasm, interest and the willingness make a difference.
If you are interested or know of somebody else who would be then please contact Chair of Governors, Pauline Mort on 015395 52049 for more information or via the school office for an application form.