Keeping Our Community Safe During A Phased Reopening/Reopening
We will carry out and up date out comprehensive risk assessments as part of our planning for a safe return. These are available on request, but we have summarised the key points below:
- Staff members will take a lateral flow test before coming to work and act accordingly in line with guidance.
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and to all classrooms.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. We use chlorine-based and anti-viral cleaning products, and new cleaning procedures and protocols have been put in place, including a much increased frequency of cleaning. Our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our year groups are returning in small, consistent groups to minimise mixing. These groups having dedicated classrooms and outdoor spaces.
- We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, and physical reminders such as barriers and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
- We have designated discrete, distinct year group drop off and pick up locations to avoid mixing at the beginning and end of each day.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school.
How You Can Help Us: Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
- Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you are ill for any reason – and isolating for 14 days, in line with Government guidance, if necessary.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact us either by telephone or email.